Q. I am going to my High School 10th Year Reunion. The theme is Havana Nights (we are in Miami, FL). I am 5'0", plus sized and 28 yrs. old. My biggest issue is my abs. Empire cut dresses make me feel and look pregnant - it seems these are the only options of dresses cut for plus sized women I've found. I am Hispanic and short.
A. There’s no reason you can’t samba in style. While many designers are offering empire cut dresses and not just for plus size this season, there are still many options that will offer you a more flattering fit. Look for dresses that have wide banded waist areas or wide belts. And don’t forget the waist “flattening” capabilities of shapewear to help create a smooth illusion and a better fit of the dress. Check out some of these dresses to look hot and sassy at Havana nights from alight.com, kiyonna.com and silhouettes.com.
left to right:
1. Future Floral Dress by Mlle Gabrielle, $48 at alight.com
2. Madeline Rainbow Peacock Dress by Monif C, $238 at alight.com
3. First Blush Dress by Blue Plate, $54 at alight.com
4. Lifes A Beach Dress by Donna Ricco, $138 at alight.com
5. Border Print Dress, $59 at silhouettes.com
6. Ruched Surplice Dress, $116 at kiyonna.com