Q. I have a fabulous antique swing coat that is a subtle grey/black tweed pattern. The sleeves are 3/4 length and I am looking for some long leather gloves to wear with it. Do you have any suggestions? I have been having trouble finding a nice pair I like.
A. I’m quite fond of vintage clothes and giving them a stylish second life. If the coat is warm enough to get you through two months' worth of wear during Fall and Winter, then perhaps buy two pairs of gloves - one long to cover the arms fully and another pair in a bright color that will pop when you wear a sweater with sleeves that reach past the length of the coat arms and to meet the gloves. Below are a few options from tres chic grey and embellished plum (warning: they're all a bit pricey):
1. Nordstrom Chain Leather Gloves, $88 at nordstrom.com
2. Nordstrom Ruched Leather Gloves, $135 at nordstrom.com
3. Giorgio Armani Long Ruched Gloves, $285 at saks.com
4. Long Black Leather Gloves, $116 at shop.com
5. Saks Fifth Avenue Patent Leather Gloves, $198 at saks.com
6. Echo Long Side Button Gloves, $195 at nordstrom.com