Q. I'm getting married on a Saturday night in December. I already have my dress - it's by Amsale and it's long, simple and elegant. However, I love clothes and fashion and I plan to change into another dress after dinner. I'm looking for something very fashion forward, not trendy, but more of-the-moment than a regular wedding dress. I definitely want the second dress to be white (or ivory / off white) and short so that it's great for dancing and moving around in. I also would like to be able to wear it again if possible. It doesn't have to be a wedding dress from a wedding dress designer, especially since I don't want to pay wedding dress prices (already did that once!). Do you have any suggestions for dresses or designers that may make the type of dress I'm looking for?
-Dress to Dance
A. Glad you plan to have genuine fun at your wedding! Too many brides look back years later and can’t remember the food or dancing since they spent so much time going table to table to say hi to plenty of relatives and parents' friends they rarely see or know. Eat, drink, dance and be merry. Make the grand impression in your wedding dress, get the photos taken care of, mingle and eat the dinner you painstakingly chose. Then change into a shorter fabulous dress and dance the night away with your new husband and friends.
These dresses will work on the dance floor, at another affair and keep you cool indoors:
1. BCBG Max Azria Lace Empire Mini Dress, $400 at saks.com
2. Robert Rodriguez Ruffled Silk Dress, $396 at neimanmarcus.com
3. BCBG Max Azria 'D Esprit' Trimmed Point Strapless Dress, $440 at nordstrom.com
4. Carmen Marc Valvo Pleated Chiffon Cocktail Dress, $565 at saks.com
5. BCBG Max Azria Strapless Appliqué Dress, $396 at nordstrom.com
6. Carmen Marc Valvo Sequin Lace Dress, $568 at nordstrom.com