Q. I am looking for a pair of moderately priced strappy sandals with a heel in a nude/tan color. I can't find them anywhere! I would like to wear them with a pink, just below the knee, bridesmaid dress in a spring wedding and with other summer dresses. I've heard that wearing a tan heel can lengthen the leg. Do you have any other shoe suggestions that can give the illusion of a longer leg?
A. Heels always give the illusion of a longer leg and choosing a neutral color that is similar to your skin tone is like wearing the same clothing color head to toe - it elongates the body. I like that you've chosen a neutral cream color to wear with your pink dress, it's a sophisticated choice.
1. Kenneth Cole Reaction Rich N Post, $83 at zappos.com
2. Delman Magical, $298.95 at zappos.com
3. Charles David Calypso, $253.95 at zappos.com
4. Nine West Havard, $111.60 (sale) at zappos.com
5. Martinez Valero 'Desiree' Sandal, $139.95 at nordstrom.com