Q. Do you have any recommendations for which stores or brands have great layering tees for fall clothes? I have seen a lot of examples of layering thin long sleeved shirts under dresses, sleeveless sweaters, vests, etc. Where can I find shirts thin enough that they won't bunch up under the other pieces?
A. I’m with you on avoiding bulk this Fall/Winter. Layering is key and a great way to continue wearing some Summer pieces like sheer tops and dresses. Some of my favorites include J.Crew’s tissue thin or tops with stretch, Splendid, American Apparel, and C&C California. And thankfully many of these brands are cutting longer lengths to help give coverage when paired with lowrise pants.
1. Long-sleeve crewneck tissue tee, $32 at jcrew.com
2. Baby Rib 3/4 Sleeve Boat Neck, $21 at americanapparel.com
3. Sheer Rib 3/4 Sleeve V-Neck, $34 at americanapparel.com
4. C&C California Basic Long Sleeve Tee, $55 at bloomingdales.com
5. Stretch cotton solid turtleneck tissue tee, $29.50 at jcrew.com