Every year the demand for eco-friendly, sustainable, fair-trade and socially conscious fashions grow. This year TheFind's editors have rounded up their favorite style-worthy picks in honor of Earth Day. Forget the hemp tunics and cork-soled clunky sandals. Today there is something for everyone who wants to glam it up while embracing the best eco-friendly and socially responsible fashion brands.
Green is the New Black
For one day only on April 22, 2010 Louis Vuitton will donate 10% of all sales on its U.S. Web site to Global Green USA. Your donation will help to support the Green Schools cause for children in New Orleans and Los Angeles. To raise awareness to this cause check out Louis Vuitton's twitter stream to hear what fashion editors André Leon Talley, Nina Garcia and Kim Hastreiter have to say about saving the environment. Featured above is Sofia Coppola's exclusive design for Slim Suede Clutch (middle right, $1,400 at LouisVuitton)
For those who are lulled by leather but want to avoid the harsh chemicals used to treat them, Donna Karan has created a gorgeous shoulder bag called "The Bandito" organic leather bag (bottom left, $1,295 at Net-a-Porter). This bag is a luxurious design with ruched panel detailing, a drawstring tie close. The leather comes from a chemical-free farm, which treats the leather using natural vegetable oils.
Earth Friendly Cardigan
From Bassike is slouchy black and white striped organic cotton cardigan (upper left, $190 at Net-a-Porter) that is sure to be a well loved essential part of any eco-maven's wardrobe. The draped front adds an interesting silhouette and buttons in the front, you'll also love the stitched detail at the back and the fact that it's machine washable!
The State of Organic Denim
Loomstate is known for their organic cotton jeans. We love the look of the Revelation Jean (upper right, $54 at Greenloop) for its low-rise slim leg styling. These jeans are made of 99% organic cotton. The other 1% is made of elastane, which helps to give a snug fit. Loomstate is a sustainable company, which uses socially conscious and environmentally responsible manufacturing practices, and organic materials when possible.
Happy Earth Day!