A. While you are still considered small on your bottom half as well, you seek balance. Best way to solve a “lopsided” figure is to find tops that have a little extra going on from the chest area upwards, including collars, slight puffed sleeves and wider necklines. Just beware that you don’t go overboard since you are petite and don’t want to look like a dress up doll. Patterns also help to keep the eye moving, and be sure to avoid big and baggy. There’s nothing wrong with accentuating your waist while wearing a skirt or dress with a slight A-line shape that will flatter your slightly larger bottom half. I’ve found plenty of tops to choose from, plus some dresses than can be easily altered to fit your top and flatter you bottom half at a wedding.
2. Aqua Women’s Sleeveless Ruffle “2-Fer” Top, $58 at bloomingdales.com
3. Marc By Marc Jacobs Women’s Cotton Sateen Jersey Top and Fiona Cotton Faille Skirt at bloomingdales.com
4. Nanette Lepore Feels So Right Floral Top, $285 at bloomingdales.com
5. INC International Concepts® Smocked Printed Peasant Top, $59 at macys.com
7.. Silk faille Mirabelle dress, $395 at jcrew.com
8. Strappy Florence dress, $179.99 at jcrew.com