Q. Wedding season is in full swing and I’m relying on this dress to carry me through several nuptials. I’m starting to have second thoughts on its overall cuteness and need help accessorizing to make it really pop with something like pink peep-toes or a yellow Pashmina. Also, can this dress translate from day to evening?
A. Don’t rethink the simple sophistication of this dress, it will work for those special occasions this summer and a lovely way to make it pop is with a shot of color. We editors at StyleBakery adore our Love Quotes linen blend scarves
, they work as a wrap with just about every summery dress I own and I can’t do without them on my plane trips. They come in multiple colors, so choose a color and then add your heels as the potent pop to give flair to your look. I found several statement making pink strappy heels that would work with your patterned dress. As for a translation to daytime wear, tone down the look and keep it classic. Wear neutral heels or flat sandals and add a little cardigan or cropped fitted jacket and wear a thin patent leather belt around your waist over the cardigan or jacket. For sass, choose a belt in a color if the jacket or cardigan is simple.
1. Nine West Solelyn, $83 at zappos.com
2. Nine West Argent, $83 at zappos.com
3. Charles by Charles David ‘Soiree’ Sandal, $114 at nordstrom.com
4.Martinez Valero ‘Camila’ Sandal, $126 at nordstrom.com
6. Love Quotes Scarves, $85 at pinkmascara.com
7. Leatherock Skinny Double Wrap Belt, $60 at nordstrom.com
8. Cashmere V-neck cardigan, $158 at jcrew.com
9. Summerweight cashmere short-sleeve cardigan, $168 at jcrew.com