Q. I need your professional expertise on my dress ensemble for a friend’s upcoming 40th B-day celebration. I have attached a photo hoping it gives you a good idea. What I need is advice on shoes and accessories. The dress is a cream and gray pattern and it falls like silk.
A. Try a grey patent leather sandal or peep toe heel or neutral beige, and don’t get stuck on matching the hue exactly. The heels can be a little lighter or darker. I would go with a simple thin necklace that has a charm or pendant on the end as long as it lays within the “V” of the dress or choose a longer necklace that hangs about two to three inches longer than the “V.” Alternatively, choose earrings that have some colored beads like blue, violet or pink and then add an enamel bracelet in a color or pattern. There are great enamel pieces available at BananaRepublic.com and JCrew.com and I’m a big fan of the charm style necklaces on blueluxe.com.
1. Seychelles Big Bucks, $84 at zappos.com
2. Nine West Revengez, $83 at zappos.com
3. MAXSTUDIO ‘Ferris’ Sandal, $158.95 at nordstrom.com
4. kate spade ‘gwennie’ pump, $295 at nordstrom.com
5. Moda Spana Demi, $93 at zappos.com
6. rsvp Liz, $65 at zappos.com
1. Cabochon-wrapped enamel bangle, $68 at jcrew.com
2. 1” enamel bangle, $35 at jcrew.com
3. Two-strand turquoise drop necklace, $49 at bananarepublic.com
4. Purple Jade, Grey Onyx, and Smoky Quartz Color Block Floating Silk Necklace, $89 at blueluxe.com
5. Rutilated quartz briolette necklace, $45 at bananarepublic.com
6. Genuine rose quartz vine earring, $59 at bananarepublic.com