Q. Can you advise me what kind of earrings I should get to go with my halter style wedding dress? I will probably have my hair up somehow, but nothing too formal. I’m not wearing a veil and was thinking about a small hair accessory instead. I decided not to wear a necklace, but I am clueless as to whether I should go with a stud or small drop or some mid-sized chandelier earring. What kind of earring shape should I be looking for with a dress like this? I’m not very tall (5’2") and my wedding is being held at the Forever Grand Chapel at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas in July with a guest list of about 50 people.
-Not so Traditional Bride
A. Petite gals need to stay away from oversized jewelry. Since you’re skipping all the other traditional accoutrements you do, however, need a little more shine on the ear. Skip the studs and choose something with a little drop from the lobes.
1. Aquamarine, Whisky Topaz, and Garnet Earrings, $115.60 at blueluxe.com
2. Isharya Libra Earrings, $188 at maxandchloe.com
3. CC Skye "Jackie O" Baguette Hoops, $165 at maxandchloe.com
4. Juliannes’s Bow Earrings - Gold, $29.99 at emitations.com
5. 2 Carat Olive Quartz and Citrine 14K Gold Earrings, $195 at ice.com
6. 1/8 Carat Diamond 14K White Gold Flower Drop Earrings, $250 at ice.com
7. Cubic Zirconia and Ivory Quartz Oval Earrings, $126.40 at blueluxe.com