Q. Thanks so much for all the advice you give. I personally have really appreciated the various style challenges you’ve stepped in to mediate.
My question is maybe not so new, but still relevant I think. I want to feel like a princess! Ball gowns can be overrated I think, and definitely not so versatile. So I’d like to have some type of a blouse that would really make me feel elegant and feminine, and well, like a princess. I’m thinking ruffles, puffed sleeves, silk or taffeta or lace, you know…the whole nine yards! It’d be fabulous too if the blouse was well-fitting and not very revealing. Would you help me find a shirt that would really fit the bill?
-Every Girl’s a Princess
A. Well, glass slipper, Prince Charming or not, there’s no reason a girl can’t look the part of a modern day princess. So I skipped the gowns and found tops that you can put on either day or evening while waiting for your carriage or hailing a cab.
With your glass slippers:
1. Robert Rodriguez Ruffle Top, $264 at nordstrom.com
2. Cynthia Steffe Ribbon Neck Silk Charmeuse Top, $220 at nordstrom.com
3. Gibson Ruffled Washed Silk Blouse, $78 at nordstrom.com
4. Karen Kane Lace Top with Bow, $158 at bloomingdales.com
5. Chiffon Ruffle Blouse, $40.80 at ardenb.com
6. Solid silk taffeta Phoebe blouse, $110 at jcrew.com
7. Pleated Tunic, $58 at ardenb.com