Q. I recently bought this pair of shorts from Anthropologie. I’m having trouble finding a shirt of the right length and style to go with them. Most of my t-shirts are too long, and look lumpy when they cover up the sash, but they look weird tucked in. Do you have any suggestions? I’m 5’ 4” and a size 4.
- Shirts for Shorts
A. I shopped multiple sites and found looks that were fitted enough to look smooth and stylish when tucked into your new shorts. I also made a point of shopping for colored tops to show you the variety of colors and patterns that will work with the shorts rather than playing it safe with white tanks and t-shirts. And a quick tip, be willing to swap out the belt once in a while (assuming it is not attached) and wear a different belt like a stripe or pattern to get even more mileage from your shorts.
1. Airy ribbon washed favorite tank, $19.99 at jcrew.com
2. Polka-dot short-sleeve slim shirt, $58 at jcrew.com
3. Short-sleeve slim shirt in botanical Liberty Fabric, $98 at jcrew.com
4. Cap-sleeve ruched top, $39 at bananarepublic.com
5. Free People Sundial Racerback Tank, $24.99 at urbanoutfitters.com