Q. I’m 16 years old and live in Nebraska. This is not exactly the fashion capital of the states, but I still like to be chic and stylish. What can I do with a yellow, brushed cotton, just above the knee yet full, pleated skirt?
A. Your skirt is probably a little too “light” in fabric for cold winters in Nebraska, but once the temperature hits 60, you can start showing it off with bright tops to give the look rich contrast and tanks and short sleeves shirts with sandals when summer arrives.
I like pairing brights together:
When Spring/Summer hits, match the hues with a simple top underneath a cardigan:
1. Zip Front Logo Cardigan, $98 at armaniexchange.com
2. Deep V-Neck Polo, $60 at armaniexchange.com
3. Cable Brushed Ruffle Henley, $29.99 at urbanoutfitters.com
4. Jasmine Butterfly Top , $22.50 at delias.com
5. Julia Shirt , $32.50 at delias.com
6. Sequin Bow Back Racer Top, $19.50 at wetseal.com