Q. I have a work event that has me totally stumped for an appropriate outfit! We will be at a theme park all day, immediately followed by dinner at a restaurant where the dress code is evening casual. Do you have any ideas?
A. For the day at the park, pair a patterned top with shorts so it’s easy to beat the heat and enjoy a day of being a kid. Avoid white tops that may get wet at the park and become see-through, make sure your tops don’t bare your midriff at all and that your shorts are long enough to cover a portion of your thighs while you scream with delight on the roller coaster. A patterned shirt will help hide any stains like a little mustard from a hotdog, dirt or camouflage you if you get wet.
1. Tommy Hilfiger Paisley Puff-Sleeve Tunic, $44.50 at macys.com
2. Lucky Brand Jeans Printed Cap-Sleeve Linen Top, $68.00 at macys.com
For the casual evening attire, pack some of the following simple, stylish suggestions into a tote and change in the restaurant, at a stop along the way or at the park before you leave for the restaurant. You’ll look instantly refreshed and chic without overdoing it for the crowd. And remember, the park is for fun and the restaurant is to finish off the day with a good impression.
1. City Style Printed Halter Top, $32.95 at nyandcompany.com
2. City Style Caftan - Diamond Maze, $36.95 at nyandcompany.com
3. Paisley kimono-sleeve dress, $110 at bananarepublic.com