For the third year in a row, the fashion industry event known as Fashion's Night Out will kick off the September runway shows in New York. This after-hours shopping extravaganza is the public's chance to mingle with designers and celebrities as they take part in FNO-exclusive events. Here's a peek at some of the exciting events happening on September 8 in Manhattan:
- Bergdorf Goodman: Michael Kors will step into the Fifth Avenue window displays to mark his three decades at the specialty store. Bergdorf's will also feature live performances by Audrianna Cole and The Blue Vipers of Brooklyn, and a reprise of the "BG Best in Show" contest with designers like Joseph Altuzarra, Reem Acra, Pamella Roland and Bibhu Mohapatra taking a trip down a runway with their dogs.
- Macy's Herald Square: Tommy Hilfiger, Rachel Roy and Amar'e Stoudemire will be among the designers appearing. Also, a live performances by Kelly Rowland and Joss Stone.
- Bloomingdales: Personal appearances, from Rachel Zoe. Erin Wasson for Zadig & Voltaire; Michelle Smith from Milly, Michael Aram, Edun's Ali Hewson and a special guest -- husband Bono perhaps? -- will be on hand as storytellers, letting shoppers determine which ones are true and which ones fibs.
- Lord & Taylor: Solange Knowles will be DJing.
- Henri Bendel: Jade Jagger.
- Saks Fifth Avenue: Pringle of Scotland designer Alistair Carr will join Tilda Swinton and Louise Wilson of London's Central Saint Martins school for a special event; Ne-Yo will sign hats from his line and perform, and designer personal appearances include Doo-Ri Chung and Prabal Gurung.
- Donna Karan, Madison Avenue: Donna Karan and Marisa Berenson will celebrate the "Marisa Berenson: My Life in Pictures" book.
- Victoria's Secret, Fulton Street: Angels Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Erin Heatherton and Lily Aldridge will pose for photo ops with shoppers.