Every season brings a new crop of fashion trends, but it's not always easy to predict which trends will resonate with women. Here are 3 trends that seem to be everywhere this season:
Skinny cargo pants
We first spotted skinny cargo pants on the spring runways at Balmain and then on celebrities like Rachel Bilson and Rihanna. But who would have guessed that these super-sexy cargos could be so flattering on "real" women, quickly becoming part of their daily uniform? The now ubiquitous skinny cargo comes in a variety of price points (including the ultra-hot and somewhat pricey J Brand Houlihan) and colors, making it accessible to just about everyone.
Designers have been putting jumpsuits on the runways for the past few seasons, but the trend never seems to catch on with the general public. The romper, however, which is essentially just a shorter version of a jumpsuit, has become quite popular this summer as women of all ages embrace the trend.
Once reserved just for hippies and Grateful Dead concerts, tie dye gets haute this season, appearing on everything from dresses to handbags.
More on tie dye, rompers and skinny cargo pants:
- Skinny cargo pants under $100
- Affordable alternatives to the J Brand Houlihan skinny cargo pant
- Can I wear skinny cargo pants to work?
- Top 10 spring trends 2010: military and safari styles
- To romp or not to romp? Our skeptical look at the romper trend
- Rompers under $50
- Summer style essentials: rompers
- Trendspotting: rompers
- Trendy rompers under $100
- Rompers are the most versatile style of summer [limelife]
- Trend spotlight: tie dye to die for
- Hot spring look on a budget: tie-dye
- Tie dye with prices to die for
- Ashley Tisdale does tie dye
- On a scale of -2 to 10 - how chic is your tie-dye? [lemondrop]
- High-fashion tie dye? Here's where to get it for cheap! [lemondrop]
- How to wear tie dye and look haute, not hippie [stylelist]