Whether it's taking more sartorial chances or being more selective in our purchases, our editors share their style resolutions for 2012.
"My resolution is to focus on quality not quantity and invest in a few special pieces that I'll wear for years."
- Jennifer Davidson, cofounder and managing editor
"Quality over quantity. I think I aim for this every year but would love to focus on smarter purchases."
- Beth Herbst, cofounder and style editor
"Instead of buying a million things from H&M and Zara, splurge on select items that I'll wear for longer!"
- Anna Rice, StyleBakeryTeen fashion and beauty editor
"Master my personal signature style including a sleek bob, strong colored lip, and deep mascara at all times possible (except during my beauty rest and spin sessions)."
- Daisy Lewellyn, style contributor and "queen of effortless chic"
"To take more risks, I aspire to be fashionably fearless but often find myself stylishly safe. Knee-hi socks are first on my list to try."
- Bronwyn Berger-Hughes, beauty contributor
"Go more out of my comfort zone and try and wear more dresses! I never wear dresses!"
- Elizabeth Mitchell, StyleBakeryTeen star style editor
"To take more chances with my look and have it continually evolve. To save up for the big purchases and make them happen (Tom Ford Sunglasses, a Chanel bag, Christian Louboutin shoes)."
- Jamie Allison Sanders, beauty editor
"My 2012 style resolution is to dress fancier. I love getting dressed up, but I find that I only do it on special occasions. I want to look more polished everyday, so I'm going to buy some updated essentials at Zara and TJ Maxx in the New Year!"
- Haley Hogan, StyleBakeryTeen gossip editor
"To wear more dresses! When I do wear a dress people are surprised -- they shouldn't be since I'm a fashion writer!"
- Christine Fox, StyleBakeryMom style editor
"I simply have to pare down my closet in 2012. Does one woman really need three black cocoon sweaters? I resolve to focus on quality and impeccable fit when buying anything new next year, and all the duplicates and unworn items need to migrate out of my closet and into the hands of someone who really needs or loves them."
- Courtney Strimel, StyleBakeryMom style editor
"Wear more of what makes you happy and for me, that's...sequins! Donate/toss anything with a hole in it (jeans, old tees). Wear my cute shoes more and my running shoes less!"
- Stacy Cox, TV expert and style contributor
image of J. Crew's Jenna Lyons' closet via apartmenttherapy.com