Many runway looks are fantasized versions of what are actually completely wearable trends. In this 2 week series, we break down some of our favorite styles from the Fall 2009 runways to show you simple designer-inspired styling tricks that anyone can pull off.
TIP 9: GET CREATIVE WITH LAYERING + USE LEOPARD PIECES TO ADD INTEREST
The runway looks below prove that you don't have to be matchy matchy to look pulled together. Both looks creatively layer pieces of different length, texture and color, while incorporating a single leopard piece to elevate the look.
To create these looks, experiment with layering tees, button downs, denim jackets and blazers; and chunky knit sweaters over feminine silk blouses pulled together with a belt. The only rules are to have fun and own your look!
TIP 10: LAYER YOUR KNITS
We love the way Missoni layered a snood (scarf/hood) over a scarf over a chunky cowl neck sweater, creating layers of cozy texture.
Give this look a try by layering scarves and wraps over a chunky knit sweater:
More runway styling tips:
- Sequins for day and night
- Layering Cardigans
- Mix your metals
- Wear white in winter
- Mix contrasting prints
- Balance bright colors with black
- Leather jackets with dresses
- Florals for fall
- Add interest to your look with patterned tights
- Boxy oversized blazers with skinny bottoms
- Toughen up a dress with motorcycle shoes
- Wear bold shoes to brighten your look
- Wear a chunky cardigan with a floaty dress