Many runway looks are fantasized versions of what are actually completely wearable trends. In this 2 week series, we break down some of our favorite styles from the Fall 2009 runways to show you simple designer-inspired styling tricks that anyone can pull off.
TIP 5: MIX CONTRASTING PRINTS
Designers love to mix prints, but it's not always easy for the average woman to recreate. Take a cue from these runway looks below and mix patterns using the same color scheme, a much easier mix to pull together.
The two prints below use a black/white/gray color scheme and work well when mixed together. A black blazer and black tights help to anchor the look and pull it all together.
TIP 6: PAIR BRIGHT COLORS WITH BLACK
Black serves as the perfect color to pair with ultra bright pieces for fall and winter, as seen on the Marc Jacobs runway below:
The bright dresses below all look great with black tights and shoes:
More runway styling tips:
- Sequins for day and night
- Layering Cardigans
- Mix your metals
- Wear white in winter
- Leather jackets with dresses
- Florals for fall
- Add interest to your look with patterned tights
- Boxy oversized blazers with skinny bottoms
- Get creative with layering
- Use leopard pieces to add interest
- Layer your knits
- Toughen up a dress with motorcycle shoes
- Wear bold shoes to brighten your look
- Wear a chunky cardigan with a floaty dress