Many runway looks are fantasized versions of what are actually completely wearable trends. In this 2 week series, we break down some of our favorite styles from the Fall 2009 runways to show you simple designer-inspired styling tricks that anyone can pull off.
TIP 11: WEAR PATTERNED TIGHTS
Whether bold and outrageous or subtly textured, the decorated leg was a huge trend on the fall runways.
The easiest way to wear patterned tights is to pair them with monochromatic pieces, but don't be afraid to mix patterns as well. Here are some easy-to-wear looks for inspiration:
TIP 12: WEAR BOXY OVERSIZED TOPS WITH SKINNY BOTTOMS
Designer Stella McCartney shows how to pull off the '80s-inspired boxy blazer, by pairing it with ultra skinny pants and leggings or a mini skirt.
More wearable than you think, here are some looks for inspiration:
More runway styling tips:
- Sequins for day and night
- Layering Cardigans
- Mix your metals
- Wear white in winter
- Mix contrasting prints
- Balance bright colors with black
- Leather jackets with dresses
- Florals for fall
- Get creative with layering
- Use leopard pieces to add interest
- Layer your knits
- Toughen up a dress with motorcycle shoes
- Wear bold shoes to brighten your look
- Wear a chunky cardigan with a floaty dress