Though most people have barely started planning their spring wardrobes, the fashion world is already thinking about Fall 2011 in anticipation of New York Fashion Week which begins on February 10. Everyone from Diane von Furstenberg and Tory Burch to Donna Karan and Derek Lam will be showing their fall collections to fashion editors, buyers, celebrities, socialites and bloggers, while style experts watch closely for emerging fashion trends.
This season, we're thrilled to present daily runway news and roundups of the hottest looks and must-own trends from New York Fashion Week, courtesy of our friends at TheFashionSpot.com. This exclusive front row peek into the Fall 2011 collections will not only clue you in on what you'll want to wear next fall, but it's a great way to see which spring trends will continue into fall to help you shop wisely and get the most out of any pieces you'll buy over the next few months. Will '70s influences continue into fall? We'll have to wait and see!
In the meantime, here are some fashion week happenings to get excited about:
- The Heart Truth Red Dress Collection returns to NY Fashion Week showcasing the power of the red dress in encouraging women to protect their heart health. Celebrities will showcase red designer dresses which will then be available to the public at auction. All proceeds benefit women's heart health and research.
- Derek Lam will launch an exclusive eBay capsule collection. After the unveiling, the public is invited to vote on their favorite looks, which will determine what goes into production.
- After showing a successful Theory capsule collection, Nina Ricci's former creative director Olivier Theyskens will be back for his Fashion Week debut with Theory.
- At hotspot restaurant The Lion, Brian Atwood, Rachel Zoe's favorite shoe designer, will debut a diffusion line.
- The world is watching the Mulleavy sisters from Rodarte, after their much-publicized costume design for the movie Black Swan.
- Celebrity sightings. From Gossip Girls Blake Lively and Leighton Meester to Sarah Jessica Parker and Alexa Chung, front row celeb spotting is half the fun.
Getting excited? Stay tuned for our daily runway reports starting next week on StyleBakery.com!