Packing For Weekend Getaways
with Alison Deyette from StyleBakery.com
as seen on: NBC Today Show, July 1, 2007
Whether you’re spending a few days at the beach or in the city, it’s time to lighten your load with swimsuits that double as evening wear and tunics that go from shore to shopping. We’ll show you a weekend’s worth of wardrobe – and it all fits in a small travel bag.
- Look for items that can be worn more than once: a day to evening dress, a tunic that goes from beach to dinner, etc.
- Stick with a neutral color palette and then mix in colors to add excitement.
- Always think in terms of mixing and matching instead of head-to-toe “outfits”
- Choose fabrics that travel well like jersey materials and crinkled linen so you won’t look like a wrinkled mess all weekend
- Be prepared – make sure you pack a light jacket, sweater or wrap in case it gets chilly.
see what we chose to pack for a