what to pack for a weekend at the BEACH:
We started with a neutral white and brown palette, then mixed in brights and gold.
Our foundation piece for the weekend is a Seaside Linen-Cotton Ruffle Cover-Up from J Crew ($50), it easily transitions from the beach to dinner. Wear the coverup for an evening out with a pair of white jeans, wedge sandals (not shown below), colorful bangles and a little straw clutch that packs flat and takes up little room in your bag. Wear the same piece to the beach with flip flops, a colorful head wrap, swimsuit and a canvas tote.
(Tip: be sure to wear the top at night first, so it’s not filled with salt, sand and sunscreen after being worn to the beach)
All items shown above available at jcrew.com
Additional items to pack:
- A jersey dress - they are lightweight, easy to pack and take up little room in your suitcase. Wear it at night, day or even over a swimsuit at the beach, available at J Crew
- Skirt – we chose a crinkled linen skirt from Liz Claiborne ($99) - it looks better the more wrinkled it is, so it's perfect for packing.
- Shorts – long or short, depending on your preference, J Crew
- Tanks and Tees in a variety of colors – layer these for a variety of looks paired with the skirt, shorts or jeans. Our favorite tanks are from J Crew.
- A lightweight cardigan and gauzy button down, each from J. Jill ($49). Layer them over tanks, swimsuits and dresses.
- 2 bathing suits – one is a tankini which doubles as a halter top to pair with shorts or white jeans. White bikini ($53) and floral tankini top ($34) with bikini bottom ($24) from Ann Taylor Loft.
- Tanks and Tees in a variety of colors, J Crew.
- Crushable hat for the beach, J Crew.
- Gold bangles and hoop earrings – casual with subtle elegance (not shown in photo)
- Everything above fits inside an overnight bag ($398 Coach Hamptons Weekend Satchel)
Everything above easily fits in the LeSportsac weekender ($98)